baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 22:41:28 -0500

On 19 Dec 2005 at 20:08, sindi keesan wrote:

> On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> Try hitting the Enter key after it 'hangs'. When there is a USB mass
> storage device connected you don't automatically get back the prompt after
> the message about /dev/sda1. You do if there is no USB device. That
> threw me the first few times.
>

> >> What happens if you remove the USB drive?
> >
> > Still frozen, I think.
>
> When we unplug the USB mass storage device there is some message, and if
> we plug it in again it gets a new address, every time.

=================

I'm just gonna paste here the message I had already written:

On 19 Dec 2005 at 19:59, sindi keesan wrote:
> I am able to ls the directories but not ls -l them (input/output error) or
> cd to them. Very consistently I can cd to /sbin but not /bin.

Sindi,

I got the file David suggested,
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/zimage-usb.gz (455459 bytes)
Which apparently is not a gziped file.

I renamed it to ZIMAGE.USB and put it in the C:\baslin directory and loaded
it like this:
loadlin c:\baslin\zimage.usb root=/dev/hda8 rw

This time it loads OK, and I can eventually press Enter and get a BL3
prompt.

I did fdisk /dev/sda , deleted existing partition, created a new one
/dev/sda1 , mke2fs /dev/sda1 , rebooted.

Mounted it at /hd/jay , copied to it the contents of /bin/ , cd
/hd/jay , and tried a few programs, eg ./setterm , ./mount ./umount ,

Quit for the night, very tired.

Thanks,
Sheldon