baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:42:54 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> > Or 'rm -r -- *'. This is supposed to be supported by GNU rm,
> > not sure about busybox.
>
> Does not work. Same message about no such option. I am using GNU rm,
> not busybox.

Mine says:

$ rm --help
<snip>
To remove a file whose name starts with a `-', for example `-foo',
use one of these commands:
rm -- -foo

rm ./-foo

Note that if you use rm to remove a file, it is usually possible to recover
the contents of that file. If you want more assurance that the contents are
truly unrecoverable, consider using shred.

Report bugs to <bug-fileutils AT gnu.org>.

I got it from either SW81 or linuxpackages. What does your rm --help
say? If it doesn't do what it says it is supposed to do, that is a bug.

> Any other ideas on how to delete the contents of this garbled directory?

Backup what is not garbled and reformat with mkdosfs. Or use a
camera's format function.

David