baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 03:20:52 -0000

On Sun, 19 Feb 2006, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

On 19 Feb 2006 at 17:23, David Moberg wrote:
Sheldon Isaac wrote:

And I copied into C:\baslin BZIMAGE.USB ( 634,873 11-14-05 )
And booted with
loadlin c:\baslin\BZIMAGE.USB root=/dev/hda8 rw
It hangs after detecting the USB drive.

Try hitting the Enter key after it 'hangs'. When there is a USB mass storage device connected you don't automatically get back the prompt after the message about /dev/sda1. You do if there is no USB device. That threw me the first few times.

What happens if you remove the USB drive?

Still frozen, I think.

When we unplug the USB mass storage device there is some message, and if we plug it in again it gets a new address, every time.

A former list member wants a script which will add a -1 to every file name on a floppy disk. for i in * ; do `mv i i-1`; done ??? Should it be ' ' not ` ` ?

I have only one uhci driver - uhci.o -- so can't try a different uhci driver with my camera linux. I can try a different computer instead, since the file is already on the camera now.