baslinux - Re: [BL] camera linux

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] camera linux
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 16:34:02 -0500

On 19 Feb 2006 at 21:11, sindi keesan wrote:
> Maybe you can store files on a memory card but not run programs on it?

I have the impression that Windows/DOS programs can be run from these
flashRAM "drives" - one hears of people mentioning smallish programs which
would be especially suitable for that.

I would think Linux programs too could be run that way.

I'm not up to the fancier stuff that you, David, Steven, et al do.

I can try copying all of what's in my /dev/hda8 (BL3.40) to a USB flashRAM
"drive". But I would have to use a different kernel to be able to access
that drive. Maybe David's 2.4.31 if I can find it.

Thanks,
Sheldon