baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 with X_SVGA can't find cursor font

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 with X_SVGA can't find cursor font
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 23:00:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I installed Slackware 4.0 xsvga.tgz and am using my generic XF86Config for
800 resolution (which worked with Matrox and Tseng cards).

.....>
Is there some reason that you cannot install the no-xvesa.tgz
package? I don't see any point in having two copies of the same
font (Xvesa has cursor built-in).

I completely forgot about this package. I will try it in a few days, with an XF86Config that goes to 800.

Steven obviously dealt with these problems before. At least I learned something this way.

Got past the cursor problem and now:
rxvt: can't load color "Black".
Look at rgb.txt: it has both black and Black. Now what?

What does your XF86Config specify as the location for rgb.txt?
Both of the XF86Configs at your website specify
"/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb" for the path.
I am not at that computer now.

Does your XF86Config properly match your hardware?
(check chipset ID and video ram size)
I will check.

Many thanks. Sindi
David