baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 15:32:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

[Things seem to be okay up to this point, then cardmgr has problems:]

Card Services release does not match

I get that error when a PCMCIA card is not pushed in all the way
(I spent two days recompiling/reconfiguring until I realized it
was caused by hardware not software). The error disappeared when
I pushed the card in completely. Strange but true.

It is pushed in far enough that the button pops out.

And the same card pushed in the same amount works in 3.32 (2-floppy) with the same (added) network module, but I can't specify mem=32MB.

I have the same problem with a modem card:

...Watching 2 sockets.
...Card Services release does not match.

I tried both slots with the network card, or one card in each socket.

I will try the 3.32 kernel and modules with 3.40 later rather than installing the complete 3.32.