baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:38:53 +0000 (UTC)

Anyway, I can run 3.40 with the 3.32 kernel and modules in order to use
the network card, but this problem might occur with any modules other than
the ones you tested personally. We also have a memory_cs.o card (8MB)
which I will test with 3.40.

Sindi

This is about a network card not supported directly by 3.40 (needs smc91c92_cs.o) that works with 3.32 (older kernel, SW7.1 module) but not with the module posted for BL3.40.

NEC 8MB Memory Card.
CAUTION

Do not insert this card into the PCMCIA card slot.
Turn off the system power before removing or inserting this card.
(also in French and German).

So I can't test this memory card without the relevant NEC computer (probably a 386 that we recycled). It looks very similar in size and connections to PCMCIA cards.

I think you included the module (ide_cs.o?) for our CF adaptor so I have nothing else not supported to test with 3.40 pcmcia.

We can use the older kernel and modules if we plug the laptop into a friend's DSL modem, I think. Would we need any additional modules while online other than the three for cardmgr and 8390 and smc?

But it would be nice to know why the 2.2.26 module did not work.

Has anyone else tried 3.40 with a kernel module not included in the 3-40.zip file?