baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3.40 Card Services release does not match
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 16:28:39 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

[Things seem to be okay up to this point, then cardmgr has problems:]

Card Services release does not match

I get that error when a PCMCIA card is not pushed in all the way
(I spent two days recompiling/reconfiguring until I realized it
was caused by hardware not software). The error disappeared when
I pushed the card in completely. Strange but true.

I copied over the BL3.32 kernel and pcmcia and 8390 modules and they work fine on this computer, and the network module loads and the card is assigned irq9. It is smc91c92_cs.o, which I downloaded from Slackware 7.1

3.40 may be handling the modem card okay (I think it still gave me a Release does not match message but I am not sure, nor did I test if the modem works, but serial_cs loaded), but it appears to have difficulties with the network card module which you posted for 3.40: smc91c92_cs.o.

When this card is in the bottom slot:

Card Services release does not match.

Could not adjust resource: (several lines of this with numbers)

insmod: can't handle sections of type 1769462

insmod: could not load the module:

Success ... modprobe not found ...

get dev info on socket 0 failed

The module 8390 did load but the smc one did not.

Did you compile the modules with the same configuration as the kernel?
In the case of framebuffer I had to recompile mdacon.o with the framebuffer config, because the precompiled mdacon.o from SW did not work with framebuffer kernel.

Anyway, I can run 3.40 with the 3.32 kernel and modules in order to use the network card, but this problem might occur with any modules other than the ones you tested personally. We also have a memory_cs.o card (8MB)
which I will test with 3.40.