baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:54:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

I successfully compiled a static uClibc lynx, version 2.8.6dev16
with OpenSSL support. I know that the SSL, Javascript, and
networking are working because I am sending this message to you
with this static lynx and the BL3.32 floppy edition. GMail
requires both SSL and Javascript to work at all so it is a good
test.

(You corrected this later - lynx does not do javascript, yet.)
Did you load lynx from a third floppy disk?

The uClibc bzip2 build image does not work with a 2.2.16 kernel,
but it does work with 2.4. I have not tried 2.2.26.

I could try it on my external-scsi-boot 2.4.31 BL2.
Did you compile using the 2.4 kernel? Do you know if lynx 2.8.6 needs kernel 2.4 if compiled with glibc?

The static, stripped binary is 1482KB uncompressed, gzipping it
yields a 707K gz file. Do you want to try it? I think that you
can use your existing lynx.cfg and SSL certificates.

Is it slightly larger than mine, which is 1.27MB statically compiled against glib 2.1.3, because it is a later version and includes bzip2? The shared 2.8.5rel1 with bzip2 was about as large as my static version.

Do lynx.lss and lynx.cfg go in /usr/lib/lynx?

I will check and see if I possibly left anything out.

Tomorrow I will try booting BL3.4.

I will download it so I can try your lynx with it.
Did the full lynx.cfg fit into the first ramdisk and lynx executable go in /tmp on the second ramdisk?

David