baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 02:33:56 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

I can't see any reason not to upgrade to SW91 glibc. How did they
actually get it smaller?

I found a reason. The lynx that I compiled completely statically (on a
computer with SW81 glibcso and SW71 full glibc), which works offline with
BL3 but not online, does the same now with SW91 glibc and cxxlibs.

linuxpackages.net has it for SW91 and not for SW81. 2.8.5rel 1 Feb 2004
is still the latest release.

This version works with BL2 and SW91 glibc 2.3.2. Instead of installing from scratch you can copy the binary to /usr/local/bin (instead of /usr/bin) and symlink it to lynx (save the old one under a different name if you want), then move or copy lynx.lss and lynx.cfg from /usr/lib to /usr/lib/lynx (where I should have put them in the first place when compiling).

Mine is completely static and the executable is 1.269MB.
This one is 1.225MB and requres glibc, ld-linux, libz, libncurses, libcrypto, libssl, libbz2 and libgpm (mine did not do mouse or bz2).

The package is 1.9MB and downloads at 5K from Belgium at 9PM EST.

David, what other packages did you need glibc 2.3.2 for?
I might leave my other computers with 2.2.5.