baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:56:22 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Steven's 2.2.26 does not support scsi.

Have you tried my bzimage.big ?
It's an add-on kernel for BL 3.40.

I just took a look - it is about 750K and supports 386, math coprocessor emulation, every scsi card as m and every type of scsi device as y (why not as modules to save space, since you can't use them without also insmodding the module for the card?) and a lot of things I never heard of, plus idefloppy and idetape. Is this like bare.i 2.2.16 or more so?

The only two things I obviously can't do with this kernel (apart from fitting it onto a 1 or 2 floppy linux easily) are USB storage, and boot from a scsi drive without using initrd. I did not check if it does framebuffer (vesafb, matrox, ati). David made me a 2.4.31 which does boot from scsi drive and does framebuffer and is about 200K smaller and does USB storage.

I see that BL3.40 is now current, with 3.32 still there for floppies. And the kernel config is for 2.2.26.