baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 03:27:31 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 10 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

David, what other packages did you need glibc 2.3.2 for?

So far, I have used the latest MPlayer from linuxpackages. I
was trying it out to see what new features they have in the
latest version. I will probably try to compile a new static
MPlayer sometime.

with svgalib support?
You could have put seejpeg instead of zgv on the USB boot disk, since that is the most common camera format, to leave space for other things.

There are many other packages - I am currently looking
through their list to see if there is anything that I want to
try while I have glibc-2.3 installed.

This implies that you have some way of uninstalling it. I could not even reinstall glibc-2.2.5.

I was thinking of compiling my own shared lynx 2.8.6dev16 but the final release should be out eventually, as it has been two years since 2.8.5rel1. Should I compile against 2.2.5 so more BL users can use it?
I still have that on the other computer.

David