baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 18:32:09 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
David made me a 2.4.31 which does boot
from scsi drive and does framebuffer and is about 200K smaller and does
USB storage.

I thought the 2.4.31 scsi boot kernel was about the same size as this
bzimage.big. Are you perhaps thinking of the USB floppy kernel?
Neither kernel does firewalling, but bzimage.big does. Firewalling
takes up space.
The 560K kernel is the framebuffer-scsi 2.2.16 that I compiled.

So, is there any advantage in my case in using Steven's big kernel instead of the 2.4.31 customized one, which also does USB?

Is there any difference in output if I compile using kernel 2.2.16 with SW71 linuxinc kernel headers, or 2.4.31 with kernel-headers from SW10.2?
Would the later kernel compile programs that the earlier kernel won't, or compile faster or slower?

David