baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 17:51:38 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Thanks. I made a real mess of things trying to use SW81 solibs and SW71
full-size libc. Even as stopped working. Try this on an experimental
installation, not something you care about.

In what order did you install the two packages glibc.tgz (SW71) and
solibs (SW81)? It appears to me that the compiler will break if I
would have installed SW71 libc-devel first. However, I just installed
SW71 libc-devel on top of SW91 solibs. After installing linuxinc,
I was able to successfully compile busybox-0.60.5 with gcc-2.95.3.

I installed SW71 glibc, compiled a few things with it, then SW81 solibs in order to use Opera, and then ar would not work (binutils) and I could not compile. I tried uninstalling both glibcs and it was still broken and whatever else I did only made it worse and I had to start from scratch.
I saved the old setup to test sound cards and it does not work with a few that I had marked working 'as sb' (not actually sb).

Are you suggesting that I uninstall glibc from SW81 then install solibs from SW91 then reinstall glibc from SW81 (or install from SW91, which is larger and therefore to be avoided if possible)? Otherwise will solibs overwrite something important (header files?) in SW81 full glibc?

What is 'compiling libc' - libc.so?

SW71/slakware/d1/glibc.tgz
glibc?

David