baslinux - Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: Bryan Henderson <bryanh AT giraffe-data.com>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] /lib/cpp error compiling in BL2 with libc-2.2.5 upgrade
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 22:43:55 +0000 (UTC)

Should I add any programs to what I selected for libc5?

No.

I look forward to trying this new netpbm package out.

David

See Slackware packages (which I am about to upload for 30 minutes):

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/netpbm-SW81-full.tgz (2.6MB)
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/netpbmlibs-SW81.tgz (320K).

The former is all the netpbm programs plus libnetpbm.10.31, statically compiled to require glibc-2.2.5 (SW81), and the packages in the latter, which also require 2.2.5.

The latter is libtiff.so.3.5.7 and tiff*.h from SW81, libpng and zlib which I compiled (so and h) and some other png-related programs and man ages which the png people thought needed installing. The .h files are needed to compile anything else that requires these image libraries such as links2, zgv, or ghostscript. To run netpbm you only need the lib*.so* parts. You also need libjpeg.so latest version from 1998 for libc6 (SW71 or SW81).

glibc-2.2.5 from SW81 can be installed into BL2 (you can delete lib/*-2.1.3*) or BL3 (it coexists with libc5 but will complicate
compiling for libc5).

I tested by installing these packages in another BL2. Make sure to remove the libc5 libraries before using them or ldd will still think they need libc5.so - I have no idea why. pnmtotiff is now a symlink to pamtiff. All the old libc5 files were overwritten. jpegtopnm, pnmscale, pnmtotiff, and pnmtopnm tested working. Other programs may not work, let me know.

You explained how to make doinstall.sh with the symlinks

makepkg makes them for you.

Two successes in 24 hours (lpr and netpbm). Next fb.modes.

First breakfast. It got to be 5:35 pm.