baslinux - Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 16:29:37 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2005, James Miller wrote:

Coupla things. You are using lsmod to see what modules are loaded?
Depending on the machine, ohci instead of uhci may be needed. I seem to

DSL automatically chose uhci for this camera. I will try (some time) adding ohci in addition or instead.

This is a 300MHz computer, one of the first to include USB (1998) so maybe it is 'older'. Would DSL not know which one to pick?

remember ohci being for older machines. You might try rmmod'ing uchi and
insmod'ing ohci, or simply insmod'ing ohci without rmmod'ing uhci. Another
thing: I had an older machine that had a setting in BIOS for usb keyboard
(enable/disable). I could not get usb working on that machine unless this
setting was set to disable. Weird but true. YMMV.

We routinely disable usb keyboards in bios.
usb works here in DOS.

James

Next question - for BL2 with SW81 usb.i kernel, I went looking for the scsi_mod and sd_mod modules and they are not there. What are the equivalents, if any?

Would I be better off with usb.s kernel? Both have scsi support y and blk_dev_sd m (as does bare.i).