baslinux - Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:16:19 -0500 (CDT)

Coupla things. You are using lsmod to see what modules are loaded? Depending on the machine, ohci instead of uhci may be needed. I seem to remember ohci being for older machines. You might try rmmod'ing uchi and insmod'ing ohci, or simply insmod'ing ohci without rmmod'ing uhci. Another thing: I had an older machine that had a setting in BIOS for usb keyboard (enable/disable). I could not get usb working on that machine unless this setting was set to disable. Weird but true. YMMV.

James