baslinux - Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB mass storage with SW81. kernel
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:58:40 +0000 (UTC)

No, since usb.s has scsi and sd set to Y. (I just checked:)

#
# SCSI support
#
CONFIG_SCSI=y
# SCSI support type (disk, tape, CD-ROM)
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=y

I will try with the usb.s kernel, and usb-storage as the only module.

Using the scsi usb kernel, I insmodded only usb-storage and not usbcore or usb-uhci.

I booted with the camera plugged in and then turned it on and insmodded usb-storage. As soon as I turned it on I got USB new device connect.

This came up as USB device 2. The computer also has an IDE zip drive (is this a scsi device? - Iomega in DOS seems to be treating it as one) and a pcmcia slot with ISA controller card (is this scsi?)

It is one of three computers that won't run BL3 loop.

As before, I got a long string of error messages, many of them repeating, including such things as:
usb-uhci.c: Interrupt status 3, frame# 1306 (and many like this)
USB disconnect on device 2
device set offline - command error recover failed
usb_control/bulk_message timout

Eventually I got back to the prompt by hitting Enter.

Not necessarily in this order. I forgot how to generate a file of error messages - strace? tee? > 2&1?

Might the other camera (that won't work in DOS) work better here?

I will try next time on the Compaq, which is also screwy, or maybe on my computer (both of these are AMD K6-2) which does have a scsi controller (and scsi CD-RW and sometimes zip and scanner plugged in).

The CD-ROM drive in this computer stopped being confused in linux after my partner rewrote config.sys --why?.

The 360K floppy drive that was formatting to 180K is replaced with one that formats to 360K badly, missing a bit of some sort, like the other two PIIs. I see why linux gave up on these. We have at least four spares drives, luckily (and an attic full of already formatted disks).