baslinux - [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.

  • From: Can Le <lecan75228 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Newbie needed helps on BL3 checklist.
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2005 20:49:25 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I am a newbie on BL3. I installed BL3  with memory problem:

1. Unzip BL3.zip to the C:\baslin directory.

2. Start BL3: type BOOT and press the ENTER key:
 for BasicLinux in C:\baslin or D:\baslin

3. I have this error:
"WARNING: Not enough free memory (load buffer size) C:\baslin>"

4. unzip and extract swap.zip into C:\baslin:
I have same errror.

5. I am having 7 files in C:\baslin:
Boot, Loadlin, FS.img, swap.img, Zimage, IniTFS, and readme

Do I need make.pl and perl or bash and other files in baslin directory?

6. Do we have a check list to check how many files do we need to be able to
run BL3 in C:\baslin ? If we do, can you give me a link to that website for the check list?

My computer:
OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
System Name SONY
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86
Total Physical Memory 256.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 90.37 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.48 GB
Available Virtual Memory 4.18 GB
Page File Space 4.23 GB.

Please show me how to fix the above memory error and boot BL3 to run perl with CGI for color.

Thank you

Can