baslinux - Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: davidjmoberg AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X problem (as usual)
  • Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 00:22:55 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 6 Sep 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 9/4/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

I ran across a libc5 zgv for redhat. Is there an rpm to tgz convertor for
Slackware 4.0/BL3?

I don't know. You can convert it from rpm to tgz in SW71 or an installed BL2
and then move it over to BL3.

Doesn't the BL1 zgv work? (I think I missed your message about it)

I have a zgv that I am using with 2-floppy BL3 which is probably from BL1. I had gone hunting for it in the BL3 add-ons. I don't see any link from there to the BL1 add-ons, which I think should all work with BL3 (some of them also with BL2?).

And/or a links2 for libc5 that works with svgalib instead of or in
addition to X?

I am not skilled at svgalib compiling.

Okay. The links2 from delilinux ought to work if you add all the required libraries from SW71 but then zgv might also need to be from delilinux to use the same libraries. Our main BL3 computer won't work with svgalib anyway and you got X to work with it (modeline).

David