baslinux - Re: [BL] dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dosemu
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:43:28 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 00:28:17 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Thanks, and if you want to post a link to my explanations of what to do
with them feel free. Please also post my netpbm package

Which one ? There appears to be several.

All of them - you need different combinations for BL2 and BL3. It was compiled for BL3 so for BL2 I packaged libc5 and I think some other needed libraries.

and the
tifftopnm.gz update that David compiled.

And are these for BL2 or BL3 ?
Both. A basic package for both and then one other for each.
I don't recall which one the new gz file is for - BL2? I am not currently on a computer with netbpm to check.

Dosemu is only on the terminal you started it from. You could be running
BL2 on another terminal, and BL3 on a third terminal..

:)

I don't think you really meant that. :)

I did too mean that.
vt1 - run dosemu
vt2 - run BL2
vt3 - mount the BL3 partition and chroot to it to run BL3
chroot /dev/hdb1 /bin/sh --login

Ah ! You have an HD install of BL3. I had forgotten about that.
I have BL3 only as a loop setup.

From BL2:
mount /dev/hda1 /hd
cd /hd/baslin
insmod loop
mount -o loop /hd/baslin/fs.img /mnt
chroot /mnt /bin/sh --login (BL3 on this terminal)
David or Steven please corret any errors. I got this working long enough to make a 50MB fs.img for parport BL3.
(--login is for ash)

From BL3:
mount /dev/hdb1 /mnt
chroot /mnt /bin/sh -login (BL2 on this terminal)
(or /bin/bash and the -login is for bash)

QuickView is compiled for "Linux". It works out of the box in BL2,
but not in BL3.

I will take a look at their home page, unless you want to post it at your
site.

It is at: http://linuxvideo.info/

You need to know the website because it will need updating each calendar
year (it has a built-in expiry).
But it is freeware at this stage.

I think I stumbled across it and the linux version supports video but not audio so far.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke