baslinux - Re: [BL] Xfering Files & CD/msdos fs issues

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xfering Files & CD/msdos fs issues
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 04:24:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005, James Miller wrote:

On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 RandumAri AT netscape.net wrote:

now if I could just find a slackware package of naim that is compatible
with BL3 (the http://site.n.ml.org/info/naim/ website gives a Forbidden
error)

Don't hold your breath. I was using naim alot under BL2 and had a go at
compiling it for BL1/3. Those versions use older libraries than BL2. My
attempts were unsuccessful. I wrote the author for help and he asked me to
send him some output from the failed compile--which I did--but I never
heard back from him. That's been several months ago. So, unless someone
onlist is up to compiling it statically (maybe against uclibc--David?),
you won't be able to run naim under BL3. It's defeinitely the right chat
client for BL. But the older libraries BL3 uses are the problem.

James

PS It uses ncurses too.

I have run BL2 programs in BL3 by adding the required libraries, starting the glibc from SW7.1. Type ldd and the program name to see what is needed. You can have libc5 and glibc installed at the same time.