baslinux - Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig
  • Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 17:45:59 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> How would I put this all on one line?
> Xvesa & rxvt & icewm -e opera&

Don't put them on one line. Put them in ~/.xinitrc

> I have not dreamed up a combination that will do better
> than get me into Opera but when I exit there is no rxvt.

What's the problem? Just start icewm. Then use the
icewm menu to start rxvt and/or opera.

> Xvesa keeps dumping my 80x30 console setting.

That's another of Xvesa's little foibles. The solution
is not to use 80x30. You must be using BL2 kernel or
bare.i. IIRC I configured the BL3 kernel to only use
80x25.

> Is there some way to automatically put it back when
> I exit Xvesa?

Not that I know of. I spent a lot of time trying to
find a solution last year. Without success. Don't
you love Xvesa?

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru