baslinux - Re: [BL] HTTPD and xli in links2 -g

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] HTTPD and xli in links2 -g
  • Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 02:20:52 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

I am trying to figure out httpd. I type httpd on a computer with BL3 and then try to use a browser to access it from the other networked computer:
lynx 192.168.1.2 (the httpd computer is 2). 'Network is unreachable'.
What am I missing?

There is something about a .config file httpd.conf which I don't have - do I need to make one?

I have never done this before (set up a web server).

I fixed the following already. I had changed the file associations in links2 -g setup, which used to read X Run on terminal and X Run in X-window to read instead X Block terminal, when using zgv as the viewer instead of xli, because I was experimenting on this computer with a way to use zgv as the viewer on the laptop that will only do 4 colors in X. Zgv is based on svgalib, which does work there. Eventually I upgraded the library on the laptop and used the Delilinux links2 which is slightly older but works without X.

I still don't know how to use httpd.

I put together a small index.htm to test on, with one link to a photo on my computer. If I use links-0.90 I can display the photo with xli (in X). If I use links2 non-graphical ditto. With links2 -g I click on that link and get nowhere. It is not an embedded image. Is there some way to display images that are linked to the page you are at, with links2 -g in X? This is the one Steven compiled for BL3 with xli set up as a viewer.

Using the one from Delilinux in BL2, I can click on the image and it displays. I don't have any associations set up for viewing images in it.
Should I remove them from links2 in BL3 in order to use it in graphical mode? Can I specify that links2 graphical should use a different configuration file than the nongraphical version?