baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 08:50:07 +1200

Sheldon Isaac wrote:

> Here's testit, which I did chmod +x to before executing it.
>
> -------------
> #!/bin/sh
> PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/bin/busybox
> insmod slhc
> insmod ppp

Why are those in testit?

> #------ ETHERNET (using Belkin card)
> insmod rtl8139
> ## if DHCP server is on network
> # dhcp
> ## if no DHCP server is on network
> ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.2 up

up is not needed (it is the default)

> ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1 up

Normally you should ifconfig lo (localhost) before eth0.

> It works, but there are error? messages at the bottom of
> the result, which I can't recall:

If we are to make any sense of this, we need to see the
exact messages.

> "SNMLBNISS resource busy", or some such

"resource busy" could be caused by doing insmod on a module
that is already installed (like slhc or ppp). To eliminate
this, run lsmod first to check what is already installed.