baslinux - Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <sisaac AT netaxs.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Connecting via ethernet
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 13:59:53 -0400

On 12 May 2004 at 13:25, Sheldon Isaac wrote:
> On 12 May 2004 at 12:18, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> > Is it possible instead to just write and use a script to load the modules
> > with the correct address and irq? I tried this with plip and could not
> > get the script to work, though typing the five lines manually worked.
>
> Sindi,
>
> It should be possible. I will reboot to BL2.1 and look at module loading.
>
> As I may have said, I most recently have the module for my NIC loaded from
> rc.S, which I think is a script that is executed on startup.
>
> But one would think that modules can be loaded from a script to be run from
> the command line.
>
> Sorry, I haven't been following this closely, and you may be talking about
> BL3? Should be generally the same regarding syntax, though.

Here's testit, which I did chmod +x to before executing it.

It works, but there are error? messages at the bottom of the result, which
I can't recall: "SNMLBNISS resource busy", or some such

-------------
#!/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/usr/sbin:/bin:/usr/bin:/bin/busybox
insmod slhc
insmod ppp
#------ ETHERNET (using Belkin card)
insmod rtl8139