baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 09:01:21 -0600 (CST)

Haven't been able to get back to any further BL3 testing due to other
obligations. Also, I don't have any other serial mice on hand (I have a
whole flock of them over in storage) to try to resolve the cursor problem
I've experienced (cursor moving only along vertical axis). But anyway,
here are a couple of questions: 1) I looked up some info on the web on SWM
and noted that, in the screenshots, it had a "taskbar" (to use a lousy Win
analogy) at the bottom of the screen. However, when I booted BL3 to SWM,
I saw no taskbar at the bottom (which is why it looked to me like TWM).
So, my question is whether maybe part of my screen was getting cut off so
I couldn't see the taskbar? Do others get a taskbar at the bottom of the
SWM desktop when booting BL3 to gui? 2) fs.img unzipped to 15MB. Is that
really the right size? Should it be that big?

On Ian's note about the script to get BL3 installed in the right directory
on the right dev: sounds like a great idea in principle to me, Ian. I'm
not really in a position to assess its feasibility, not being much of a
script writer or programmer. But it sounded to me like a hack that could
resolve the problems encountered thus far, and that could maybe save
Steven alot of time and headaches in redevelopment. My .02 on that issue.

James