baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Hal MacArgle <halinux AT kvinet.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:31:35 -0500

On 03-11, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> I think I have found a way for BL3 to look for /baslin on
> other HD partitions (in addition to /dev/hda1). It appears
> that DrDOS puts the C: drive at hda3 -- so /dev/hda3 should
> be in. However, I seem to recall seeing DrDOS at /dev/hda4
> -- could you DrDOS users please check your C: drives and tell
> me where they are.

Greetings: FWIW - DrDos 7.03 from Caldera puts Dos in
/dev/hda4 - the many times I've done it.. Disk Manager, that's
bundled with Seagate, Connor, Western Digital and Maxtor puts it
in either /hda1 or /hda4 here, not sure which does what, not
documented it at the time. I've never seen one in /hda3?? Is
everyone talking about a _fresh_ install to a blank HD??

However FDISK has an Xpert option that can change from /hda4
to /hda1, but I found that, then, cfdisk doesn't like the mess...

A real crap shoot, eh?? I suspect that BasLinux being Basic
it should concern itself with the 4 primaries only.. <g>

I've fetched the latest FreeDOS, still Beta 9, to see what it
does..

Hal - in Terra Alta, WV - Slackware GNU/Linux 9.0 (2.4.20)
Utrum Per Hebdomadem Perveniam
.