baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 21:40:12 -0500 (EST)

> I think I have found a way for BL3 to look for /baslin on
> other HD partitions (in addition to /dev/hda1). It appears
> that DrDOS puts the C: drive at hda3 -- so /dev/hda3 should
> be in. However, I seem to recall seeing DrDOS at /dev/hda4
> -- could you DrDOS users please check your C: drives and tell
> me where they are.

The following is from a computer formatted with DR-DOS and later modified
a bit with PQ-Magic (used to add a second linux partition and resize
existing partitions).

This is the computer where I deleted all of d: thinking it was the linux
partition. We will not format any more drives with DR-DOS.

C: Fat32 (boot, Win98) hda1
D: Fat16 (DOS hda3
BL2 hda2
Linux (unused) hda4

Another computer partitioned with DR-DOS fdisk
C: hda1
D: hda2
linux swap hda4
linux hda3

I think one computer got formatted by DR-DOS with extended partitions and
BL2 ended up in hda5. We are avoiding extended partitions now.