baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 00:22:19 -0500 (EST)

> > I think one computer got formatted by DR-DOS with
> > extended partitions and BL2 ended up in hda5.
>
> /dev/hda5 might be a good choice. MSDOS systems
> (which I think do only one primary partition per HD)
> will probably end up with D: on /dev/hda5.
> Comments anybody?

I thought you could put four primary partitions on any drive with MSDOS,
and therefore put BL into any of them. I have been putting BL2 and BL1 in
D: with my browsers, but some people might want to use E: or F:. I have
four DOS primary partitions or two DOS and two linux partitions on one
drive. My C: on this computer is nearly full up with text-only programs.

On our Windows computers we put Win in FAT32 on C:, DOS in FAT16 on D:
(but we were told Windows would not run programs in D:), and linux in the
third partition.

Some of our computers have two hard drives, which gets you pretty far into
the alphabet if you have extended partitions on either of them. Would
hda1-5 be enough to satisfy most people?