baslinux - [BL] BL3 - microcom

  • From: Sindi Keesan <keesan AT iamjlamb.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 - microcom
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 11:48:22 -0500 (EST)

I was, sort of, able to use it without a script as follows:

microcom -D/dev/ttyS1
~ (gives a menu)
t (set terminal, another menu appears)
p (choose speed), h (115200)
h (enter) (hardware flo control)
send atdt7615041 (dial my bbs)

It dials, it connects, I am asked for my login and I give that,
I am asked for my password and 2 seconds later told it is the wrong
password, before I can enter it. I type ~,x to exit minicom after the
third try when the bbs disconnects me. I did this a few times.

(I don't dial the comma, it means wait between commands).

The sample script does pretty much the same thing except it also had
expect CONNECT
print call connected

Is microcom somehow issuing CONNECT to my bbs?
I can't understand enough of the manual to figure this out.