baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 Preliminary report
  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 08:11:28 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> I changed wallpaper from default to midnight (black) and
> when I shutdown and do startx again it is back to the
> old wallpaper.

To make a permanent change, edit /root/.xinitrc
Replace morocco.xpm with midnight.xpm (be careful not to
remove the & at the end of the line).

> I could not find a man page for this window manager.

I don't think there was one. I'll have another look.

> Can it be used without a mouse?

I don't know. As you can see, you can use the arrow keys
and ENTER to navigate the menus. ALT-TAB pages throught
the windows.

> I had to hit rt button to get the menu back after changing
> wallpaper.

I haven't found a key for that (although I haven't really
tried). If there's no key to do that, you can always
remove the popup parameter from the MENU line -- that
will leave the menu on the screen (could be messy, though).

> I tried 640 VGA and 800 super VGA and both work fine.

You can set other resolutions manually by editing /etc/Xconfig