baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 20:49:18 +1300

Sindi Keesan wrote:

> You mean BL3 will work on older hardware than Bl1!? Wow!
> My 386 has only 3M ;=(

With a bit of luck, it might just boot on 3mb RAM.
It all depends on how small I can get the kernel.

> What is uClibc, did I miss something?

The micro-C library designed for embedded devices.

> I did not know people were still working on the older kernels.

Quite a lot of people still using 2.0.x. It is considerably
smaller than 2.2 etc. Some of the current embedded people
have actually been using libc5, but now that uClibc is getting
the bugs out, most will probably be using that.