baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 22:12:34 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> What is uClibc, did I miss something?

Libraries being developed for embedded systems that need to do computerish
stuff (PDA's, "smart" cellphones, portable electronic devices in general)
but lack storage space and resources.

> I did not know people were still working on the older kernels. Nice.

So far as I know all the 2.x kernels are still undergoing development.
Delilinux keeps up with the latest 2.2.x releases, and Debian's not far
behind (2.2.20 is the default Debian kernel). Freesco router keeps up
with the latest 2.0.x series in each new release (currently they use
2.0.39). Don't know about the 1.x kernel series, but my guess is that
development has stopped there.

James