baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:59:18 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> How much RAM? I saw an account of somebody who ran Slackware
> with Xvesa in 4mb RAM. He moved the HD to different system,
> installed everything there and then moved the HD back into
> the laptop.

Ok, here's a challenge (I'm supposed to be spending less time on computer
stuff and more on school work, so don't tell my wife . . .). I've got a
really neat little 386 SX 25 with 4MB RAM that I'd really like to put to
some use. It's got an old onboard 256 KB video (Trident?). Technically,
I should not be able to run BL2 on it, since it has no math coprocessor.
But let's say I installed BL1 there, then the xvesa binary. Could I then
use it to get an xsession from my more up to date machine that runs
Debian? Shall I give it a whirl? Pointers on how?

James