baslinux - Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found

  • From: neoszewee AT gmx.net
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xvesa arguments found
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 12:29:54 +0000

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 05:29:13PM -0500, Sindi Keesan wrote:
> Since I forgot exactly how to print linux text I then saved it to the DOS
> drive, ran a program (view) to remove the linux characters at the end of
> each line, and put in page breaks with a DOS text editor and printed it.
> Now we can change the cpu in one of our computers. What would be a more
> efficient way to do this with just linux, other than using a liuux text

BusyBox v0.60.5 (2003.03.23-11:36+0000) multi-call binary

Usage: dos2unix [option] [FILE]

Converts FILE from dos format to unix format. When no option
is given, the input is converted to the opposite output format.
When no file is given, uses stdin for input and stdout for output.

-u output will be in UNIX format
-d output will be in DOS format

> editor and printing with wp? Can you print html files directly from links
> in text mode? If not, would it be hard to write a script to do this that

No in links but you can pipe from command line:

links -dump whatever.html | lpr