sm-discuss - Re: [SM-Discuss] SCM perforce replacement

sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Public SourceMage Discussion List

  • From: "Matthew Clark" <MatthewClark AT InLesserTerms.net>
  • To: <sm-discuss AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [SM-Discuss] SCM perforce replacement
  • Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:42:36 -0600

Title: Re: [SM-Discuss] SCM perforce replacement
I hate to jump in so late, but since everyone is throwing in their two cents, I figured I'd throw in mine, too :).

I have to agree with Dave's point: having a single SCM would be good for people like me: if there are multiple places for different things, I tend to become anxious when working with any one thing (heck, sometimes I'll perform vi commands in nano, that's how easily mixed up I can get).  That's just me, though.  If I knew that the one and only SCM available contained everything we had, well, it'd just be easier for me (and others, I imagine).

Plus, the KISS concept is ideal (right?).  Keeping things simple helps reduce error...