permaculture - [permaculture] 2010 Permaculture Design Course with Tom Ward.

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Gene Griffith <nijin@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] 2010 Permaculture Design Course with Tom Ward.
  • Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 23:08:25 -0800 (PST)

Here is a good PDC course southern Oregon and I will be attending.
Gene
http://twitter.com/_grene_

2010 Permaculture Design Course with Tom Ward.

I am very pleased to announce that we will be holding the PDC this winter at
the Wilderness Charter School. The theme of this year's course will
beCultivating Community Resilience. The dates are:

January 16-17
January 30-31
February 13-14
February 27-28
March 13-14
March 27-28

Cost of the course is $500.

Registrar is Melanie, who can be reached at 541-482-7909, sassetta@mind. net.
Please mail checks to Melanie Mindlin, 1248 Calypso Court, Ashland, OR
97520. You can e-mail questions about the course to Tom at tomward@mind. net.

This
is a certificate course and covers the traditional Mollison
permaculture curriculum as well as lots of local knowledge.
Participants will learn to design a basic homestead and apply the
permaculture principles and patterns to any other design project. Ashland
Transition Town progress will be highlighted, and we will all have a
chance to discuss and explore the mandates of sustainability.

Tom
Ward will be the facilitator and there will be several
guest presenters. Tom has taught dozens of design courses and is the
author of Greenward, Ho! An Ecological Approach to Sustainable Health.
He has been developing a Social Forestry teaching and experimental site for
ten years now in the Little Applegate Valley. Tom has been teaching and
consulting in Permaculture in Southern Oregon for 30 years. This course is
sponsored by the Siskiyou Permaculture
Resources Group which has been locally active since 1984, and is
certified by Cascadia Permaculture Institute.