permaculture - [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 20:53:44 -0800

What?
No talk of Findhorn allowed at permaculture courses??

My love for Fukuoka is that he makes space for the relationship between us
and what I like to call the 'green world'.

Conversations with plants. I'd rather steer clear of any courses than lose
such a precious connection. Not that they need by mutually exclusive,
however.
While helping on the organic farm in Costa Rica, I found that I liked to do
my nursery work with seed flats and sproutlings, and most other gardening,
pretty much solo. It gave me the healing focus of time spent with plants. If
the gardener's shadow is the best fertilizer to plants, sometimes the sight
of plants tended is the best fertilizer for humans!

Frances

P.S. Thanks for the continual tossing and turning about of the PDC topic!
Good aeration on this compostable topic!