permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Lee Flier <leeflier@comcast.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:11:03 -0500

Oh, forgot to address this part.

Tripp Tibbetts wrote:
So I'll be sure to add that question to my interview of possible PDC
instructors. If you have a religious conviction that the deep and
interconnected weavings of permaculture have nothing to do with spirit, then
I think I'll pass.
Permaculture aspires to work for anybody, regardless of their belief system, and that includes both atheists and people who subscribe to an organized religion. That doesn't mean at all that permaculture and spirituality are mutually exclusive, it just means that it can't matter what any of its practitioners' spiritual leanings are, or are not.

I have to say the speed with which this door keeps getting pushed closed is
really interesting.
I think you need to understand that there are good reasons it gets pushed closed. The number of people who've been alienated and turned off from permaculture altogether because their experience of it was
one where they felt forced to engage with beliefs/activities that contradicted their own religious, spiritual, or scientific understanding, is staggering.