permaculture - Re: [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: <fdnokes@hotmail.com>
  • To: "permaculture" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] the gardener's shadow falls both ways
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 22:14:42 -0800

The observer changes what is observed.
If there are many, it is different than if there are few.
And, granted this could be valuable and uplifting!

I agree that the interconnectedness of all things, aliveness and abundance are uplifting.

But what you think is inherently practical and here and now and the beauty of what we can observe right in front of us might not be the same as what I think is inherently practical and here and now and the beauty of what we can observe right in front of us...

The intimacy of people with plants is something of particular value. And yes there is a conversation.
And it's in the hear and now...
Mainly, it's a willingness to listen to plants.
To 'see' plants.
And, it's a great cure for those whose hearts have been broken by the standardizing forces of society...

The gardener's shadow falls both ways!

I think permaculture is inherently spiritual as it is, given that it
stresses the interconnectedness between all things, and the aliveness
and abundance of all things. But it's also inherently practical, in
that it focuses on the here and now, and the beauty of what we can
observe right in front of us.