permaculture - Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: lbsaltzman@aol.com
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:59:20 -0400

Roxann,

I am sorry if my reply seemed harsh and directed at you personally. I was
talking about the entire thread and certainly don't believe it is my place to
stop people from contributing ideas which I disagree with, especially as a
fairly newcomer to this forum. I am very passionate about this issue and
have been extremely frustrated at the efforts of various rightwing ideologues
to confuse the issue and politicize global warming. There method has been to
promote scientifically discredited theories to deny the reality of global
warming. So I do tend to have a strong emotional reaction on the subject of
global warming, but you certainly don't deserve to be painted in the same
corner as the ideologues. However, the science is as clear on this topic as
anything I have ever encountered, and I encourage those who haven't delved
into what the climate change scientists have discovered to do so. I think
that it is certainly highly relevent to Permaculture.

Larry