permaculture - Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Sean Maley <semaley@yahoo.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 07:44:43 -0700 (PDT)

... and I've heard solar activity was to blame, citing global warming on Mars
and other planets and their satellites (with Venus suspiciously cooling).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

There are many "scientists" out there "debunking" Global Warming
"speculation". Some of them sound more plausible than others. What concerns
me has been the blatant propaganda (if the inventor of the internet says it,
there must be something wrong about it). Having these theories out there,
even if you are trying to be funny, only makes it more difficult to get the
points across to deluded family members and friends. It may be funny to hear
a politician make a fool of themselves, but not if you now have the same bunk
to deal with closer to home.

-Sean.