permaculture - Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: KNat <knat@sprintmail.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:01:05 -0500

I don't think we need to be re-hashing discredited and unproven theories on this forum, in the face of this weight of scientific evidence, and the seriousness of the crisis. I would suggest that our time is better spent in figuring out how Permaculture contributes to the solution of the problem as time is seriously running out.
Larry Saltzman
Time is not a commodity to run out. Much of this discussion frames it as such and is the heart of the sensationalism of late.
Permaculture defies principles that are based on running out. The goal of balance within and relationship.
The needs to be addressed are the same now as 7 generations ago and will be the same for 7 generations hence. After that they will be the same for another 7 generations but they will be able to perceive the needs so differently from us now it won't feel the same.
Buy now while you can! Spend life well while you can! Same approach to profit.

We will all/each live thru cycles in this Spiral Dance when we are pure hearted and when we are not. We will affect others deliberately and non-deliberately.

Money spent producing glitsy pamphlets on Global Warming will add to Global Warming. Politicians getting elected and passing laws in a linear fashion for financial gain will add to societal oppression, even if the cause they propose is a "cleaner world."

A different viewpoint doesn't need to support the linear pretense so debating between them here is, indeed, a bit silly. But reminding ourselves there are other viewpoints is critical to our remaining multi-faceted.

Peace,
Kathyann