permaculture - Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] GLOBAL WARMING:- A different 'take' on it
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 05:20:51 -0400 (EDT)

Roxann, I wonder first if it is really true that oil-bearing rocks have significantly less friction when grinding against each other. It seems intuitively obvious, but a lot of things in nature turn out counter-intuitive.

If the answer is yes, then one would think that a foresighted divinity
would have ensured that the oil was concentrated near the plate boundaries, but I don't think that this is the case.

Finally, if there is a divine plan for the earth, it doesn't look to me as if it has much to do with minimizing stress and disruption, considering the earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, lava flows, glaciations, floods etc. that have occurred.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada