permaculture - [permaculture] fence posts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "Roxann Phillips" <roxann@ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: "'permaculture'" <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [permaculture] fence posts
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:13:00 -0500

Hi Lisa,

I am mainly wanting to grow the older varieties of apples, especially
Arkansas black. But if I can't get them to do well around the cedar, I
guess I'll plant some of the newer hybrids. I'd rather take out the
cedar if it will help make it possible to grow the heirlooms, though.

If you look on ebay, there is a guy I know from some other lists who
sells the hedge-apples (osage oranges) from MO. His name is doug ahart.
That's where I will be buying mine if I can't find them closer. He
would like to trade them for lobelia inflate seeds, if you're up to
gathering wildflower seeds :) Contact me offlist if you'd like his email
address to contact him directly.

Thanks,
Roxann