permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fence posts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Jay Woods <woodsjay@cox.net>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fence posts
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 09:33:47 -0400

In addition to Osage Orange, Black Locust and Catalpa have been used
depending
on climate. However fast growing fruit and nut trees are better for your
purpose of planting the posts (rather than growing elsewhere and sticking
them in holes). I can recommend Black Walnut, English Walnut, Mulberry
(male), and Cherry in Nebraska/Iowa. The growth time is 10 years.