permaculture - Re: [permaculture] fence posts

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg@igg.com>
  • To: permaculture <permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] fence posts
  • Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 17:13:39 -0400

Roxann, T-posts seem like a decent solution for the time being if you will
have another use for them, can find them used, or if a friend will need them
when your trees grow in. I've also used just any old wood--fir poles, old
2x4s, etc, for posts when I know they will be replaced in 5 years or so.

T-Posts have gone WAY up in price with the the rise in costs of both steel and oil. I was buying 6footers for $2.25 here at the beginning of the season and today they are running $3.50 - at the discount sources! (I'm in WV) -Allan