permaculture - Re: [permaculture] PCD course prices

permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: permaculture

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster@globalcircle.net>
  • To: permaculture@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [permaculture] PCD course prices
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 21:21:18 -0600

You're in the northeast I take it? So encouraging to hear details of
someone's current journey toward sustainable living. I'm also encouraged to
hear of a workshop of that nature. I too picked up on many of those
practicing authors long before I had any chance to start pulling things
together on my own place. Know of Quinn but haven't read him. What I have
learned is you can't just follow someone's book or imitate someone else in
a different situation, different soil, different climate. It's eclectic;
we draw on anything and everything that we can use to get where we want to
be. I've had to adapt to the high desert of western NM, under 10" precip,
wide diurnal swings, 3 month growing season where nobody farms and land is
unsuited to anything but cattle and elk. And at 7,000 elev. There's almost
nothing out there to research on our unique growing conditions. For me,
there is no single source of good advice and techniques. BD, organic,
permaculture - We have to use what works here within the limits of the
devas and natural growing. Try my site at http://herbfarmer.net/#HERBAL
esp http://herbfarmer.net/herbgrowing.htm and let me know if you find
something helpful. I'm always adding and revising, so any good stuff we
don't have please send along, privately if you like.

paul@largocreekfarms.com