msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Air Support

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: ALLEN SNYDER <allendana1@sbcglobal.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Air Support
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:06:16 -0400

[Deleted included prior post and HTML duplicate. -Una]

Is it realistic for air support to be aware there are horses or dogs
searching and to give us warning so we can prepare, move out of the way or
dismount if needed to be safe such as with radio communication? There are
few horses who would not react a little to loud or close aircraft even if
they had been desensitized or exposed. I expect much of this will be
reviewed in MSAR training, but it seems a specially-trained horse/rider team
is essential.